Earlier this month there were reports that Deontay Wilder turned a three million dollar offer from promoter Eddie Hearn to defend his WBC World heavyweight title against Dillian Whyte.

This Saturday Whyte is facing Robert Helenius for the vacant WBC Silver Heavyweight title and a win would put ‘The Body Snatcher’ in prime position to face ‘The Bronze Bomber’.

There’s a price for everything, even for a title shot against Wilder.

“It happens when Eddie raises that price. That’s when it can happen,” told Wilder in an interview with boxingscene.com

“The Dillian Whyte fight, it can happen. But it’s gonna take a little bit more than what they’re talking about. Let them raise it up to $7 to $10 million and let’s talk. For $4 million and then they’re talking about me coming over there and all that – the thing about it is I don’t need Dillian Whyte,” continued Wilder.

Hearn has repeatedly stated that he wants to make Wilder-Whyte happen, but the question now is: will the promoter dig deep into his pockets?

“If the money’s right, then hey, let’s do it. That’s all I’m saying. If you’re gonna waste my time, you’re gonna pay for it. You’re gonna pay more than $4 million to waste my time. And I’m very strong on it. I don’t need Dillian Whyte,” said the WBC champion.

“If they come up on that price, like we want, they got them a fight. I promise you that,” confirmed Wilder.

Wilder will face Bermane Stiverne on November 4th and should he defend successfully, it’s anyone’s guess what will happen next.

READ MORE:

Deontay Wilder Turns Down Three Million From Eddie Hearn

Wilder Wants Joshua In the US As Soon As Possible – “Why Tease People”

Lou DiBella: Dillian Whyte Not A Part Of Wilder’s Plans