Time is ticking as Joshua-Wilder needs to be made in the next couple of weeks before the mandatory challengers start interfering and getting in the way of with the biggest heavyweight championship bout in 2018.
Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn sent an offer reportedly worth $12.3 million to Deontay Wilder’s management but the Americans did not accept as they felt the WBC World heavyweight champion was worth more.
Recently Wilder countered and sent two videos to Joshua on social media and claimed that he has offered $50 million to the WBA, WBO, IBF & IBO World heavyweight champion.
Last week Hearn was supposed to meet with Wilder’s representatives in order to discuss details regarding the offer but the meetings never came to fruition due to manager Shelly Finkel cancelling both meetings.
“We have two weeks — three weeks, max — to do this,” said Hearn according to The Express.
The WBA and IBF could soon order mandatory challengers Alexander Povetkin and the winner of Dillian Whyte versus Kubrat Pulev to fight Joshua which would complicate and delay Joshua-Wilder.
“We’re now talking to three fighters about the next fight and we need to make a decision in the next two or three weeks.
“I really do think there’s a good chance it [Joshua-Wilder] could happen next and both fighters want it.
“But sooner or later there will come a time when the WBA will say it has to be Povetkin next and the IBF will say it will have to be the winner of Pulev and Whyte.
“So it has to be done now,” told Hearn.
— Anthony Joshua (@anthonyfjoshua) April 29, 2018