Dillon Danis has spoken out after the cancellation of his fight with KSI, claiming on his official Twitter account that “the truth will shock everyone.”
News broke earlier this week that Danis was out of the January 14th bout, with YouTube star Faze Temperrr now facing KSI at the Wembley Arena instead.
Danis posted a Tweet warning that ‘the truth will shock everyone’.
the truth will shock everyone.
— Dillon Danis (@dillondanis) January 5, 2023
KSI’s manager, Mams Taylor, told the Misfits Boxing YouTube Channel that Danis had withdrawn from the fight simply because he was underprepared.
“As you guys are aware, Mr Danis has made quite a few excuses, he signed a binding short-form contract and no material changes were ever made.”
“His team, who I feel sorry for because they’re very co-operative and respectful – they came and said to me ‘Dillon is pulling out of the fight’. The real reason is, from what they said to me, that he’s underprepared. He has no coach, he might be struggling with weight even though there’s no rehydration, he has not been able to find a team that’s going to support him to bring him into the fight.”
“Obviously he’s got some other issues, it’s very sad and unfortunate because he didn’t reciprocate the respect that we’ve given him and no word from him. He’s clearly embarrassed that he’s in this position and who knows what he’s going to come out with and say, but I’m disappointed.”
“I never thought that someone who cares about his reputation or what people think of him as much as he does, I didn’t think that this would be something despite many people saying the opposite. They said he wasn’t going to show up to the fight and they were right.”
One can assume Danis’ ‘fake news’ tweet was in response to this.
fake news 😂
— Dillon Danis (@dillondanis) January 4, 2023
Faze Temperrr was already due to the fight on the undercard of the event and has fought on earlier Misfits Boxing shows.