Eddie Hearn has responded to Tyson Fury’s recent ultimatum for a potential clash with Anthony Joshua – and the Matchroom boss had some choice words for Fury.
Fury had said over the weekend that if Joshua didn’t sign the contract today then he would be walking away from the fight. Hearn, however, told Intu Boxing that he believes this is a smokescreen and the WBC world champion was never serious about making the fight in the first place.
“He’s not on the same page as everyone else we’re talking to. We waited nine days for the contract, we got it and it was all over the place.
We’re in a much better place – we have meetings on Monday to talk about the contract. So there is absolutely no way this fight gets signed on Monday.
I just think he’s fighting Manuel Charr on December 3rd and he’s bluffing people. If he’s true to his word – which he never is – he’ll walk away from the fight on Monday and let everybody down.”
There had been optimism amongst the boxing public that the generational all-British clash could finally be signed and delivered, buoyed by news from Anthony Joshua’s management team that he had accepted the 60/40 split proposed by Tyson Fury’s team, as well as a date of December 3rd.
However, these comments from Hearn after a week or so of silence regarding the fight will be a pin in the balloon to fans who were once again cautiously getting their hopes up.