Suggestions...

Conor Benn wins all out war against Cedrick Peynaud

Conor Benn earned a hard fought decision victory against Cedrick Peynaud tonight, Benn claimed a dub

Joseph Parker trainer shares they have compromised, ball is ...

The WBO world heavyweight champion, Joseph Parker’s trainer, Kevin Barry spoke exclusively wi

Hughie Fury vs Dillian Whyte set for February 2018?

British heavyweight contenders, Hughie Fury and Dillian Whyte are now seemingly on a collision cours

Carl Froch: Top five knockouts

5. Carl Froch KO 3 Yusuf Mack – 2012 ‘The Cobra’ Carl Froch was a three-time champ

Breaking – The British Boxing Board of Control Announc...

After UK Anti-Doping announced that Tyson Fury is cleared to fight again, it became clear that the n

Gary Corcoran warns Jeff Horn to fight fair!

Britain’s Gary Corcoran has seen his fair share of Jeff Horn in action, ahead of their showdow

Daniel Dubois Will Beat Joshua Says Common Opponent – ...

‘Dynamite’ Daniel Dubois is on course to wallop Anthony Joshua, says the have-a-go-heavyweight w

Floyd Mayweather Jr: I’m the best athlete of all time!

Floyd Mayweather went live on his social media and he sure was in a talkative mood. He covered a num

A Relieved Tyson Fury Can Now Focus Purely On Boxing –...

Yesterday the boxing world received the news it had been waiting for quite some time. Tyson FuryR

103

Manny Pacquiao’s camp acknowledged over the weekend that a deal is almost in place for the fighting Filipino senator to defend his welterweight title against unbeaten Australian challenger Jeff Horn on July 2 in Brisbane.

“We are working on it” said Pacquiao adviser Mike Koncz in a phone call from General Santos City.

Top Rank chief Bob Arum had issued an ultimatum last week and a story was carried by the Manilla Bulletin, telling Pacquiao (59-6-2 with 38 KOs) to decide in 48 hours to fight Horn (16-0-1 with 11 KOs) or face the risk of not getting a fight until November.

Last time Pacquiao was in the ring was against Jessie Vargas in November last year in Las Vegas.

Arum likewise confirmed that talks are on going but there are still issues to be resolved.

“I’ll have something in a few days” said the 85-year-old Arum from the US after Koncz’s issued his short statement.

Arum had originally wanted the fight to take place on April 23 but Pacquiao and Koncz had different plans with the United Arab Emirates as an alternate venue.

But the UAE could not deliver and negotiations fell apart, something Arum had earlier feared as it could not be determined where the mouth-watering $38-million purse would come from.

Arum is looking at staging fights outside the US owing to the anemic pay-per-view sales.