News

Arum: Fury Only Interested In Usyk-Joshua Winner

tyson fury

Tyson Fury may have told the world he is retired but his American promoter Bob Arum believes one fight will make him carry on.

The 33-year-old told anyone that would listen he would walk away from the sport after his fight against Dillian Whyte. His WBC heavyweight title defence in April ended in a knockout victory and that was that apparently.

Arum, who has probably heard enough retirement stories to write a book on them, told FightHype that the final chapter on Fury won’t be written until another big heavyweight title fight takes place.

“I think Fury is gonna wait to see how the Joshua fight comes up with Usyk and then he’ll make a determination if he wants to continue,” said Arum. “Other than fighting the winner of Joshua-Usyk there’s really nothing there that’s really of interest to Tyson Fury so we’ll have to see.”

Usyk-Joshua 2 is still without an official announcement. The date and location had been heavily rumoured to be July 23 in the Middle East but a report last week revealed that the rematch may be put back if contracts are not signed this week.

Fury has recently been pictured holidaying abroad enjoying the fruits of his labour following his win against Whyte. The WBC President Mauricio Sulaiman has indicated that no pressure will be placed on the champion to decide about his career leaving the door open for an undisputed title fight against the winner of Usyk and Joshua.