The Conor Benn-Chris Eubank Jr fight isn’t quite over the line just yet.
Last week, despite recent comments dismissing the speculation from their promoters Eddie Hearn and Kalle Sauerland, an announcement on the catch-weight contest seemed imminent.
Details of the clash had been leaked with various media outlets reporting that the fight would take place on October 8 at the O2 Arena, London.
The fight would rekindle a rivalry between the families led by their fighting fathers from 30 years ago.
It would also be the first dip into the Pay-Per-View market for host broadcaster DAZN.
Now it is being reported, by the Daily Star, that a rehydration clause is delaying the big reveal.
Benn and Eubank Jr are said to have agreed to a 156lb catch-weight agreement. A number that is two pounds north of the Super Welterweight limit.
This would add give Benn a jump of nine pounds to make from Welterweight while Eubank Jr would have to drop four off his usual Middleweight maximum of 160lbs.
But how much the fighters put on between the day of the weigh-in and fight night (a period of more than 24 hours) is proving to be an obstacle. And something that once the first bell goes could be a deciding factor on how the fight plays out.
Until that can be agreed you can’t put Benn-Eubank Jr in the ‘To Be Confirmed’ box.
Should the fight not go ahead then each man would not be short of options moving forward.
Benn has already said on record he wants to fight former WBA Welterweight champion Keith Thurman.
Eubank Jr has been heavily linked to a fight against Liam Smith who recently signed a promotional agreement with Boxxer putting both men under the Sky Sports broadcast banner.