News

Daniel Dubois Still Hopeful He Faces Trevor Bryan Next

Knockout specialist Daniel Dubois says he will take a “win by any means necessary” should he face WBA Regular heavyweight champion Trevor Bryan next.

The WBA announced yesterday that the purse bids for their fight had been postponed and rescheduled for March 21.

Boxing Social’s Ryan Elliott asked the Queensberry Promotions fighter if he was still confident, he would fight Bryan next.

“Yeah, I’m hoping that’s next. I think I’ve done everything now. It’s up to Frank [Warren] and Don King and everyone to deliver and agree on something. I think the purse bid’s today so after today we’ll know for sure what’s going on.”

In their statement the WBA said the original purse bid date of March 14 was shelved because “different requirements from the champion Bryan’s team made it necessary to postpone it”.

Dubois has been itching to face the American since he was made mandatory challenger.

“This is what boxing’s about,” he said. “We live for this. This is what keeps me in the gym, motivated and focused to go out there and do something. I’m excited and quietly confident and ready to get it on. If the stoppage is there, I’ll take it but a win by any means necessary.”