After recovering from an Achilles injury for the better part of the year, David Haye is ready for action.
Last week the former WBA World heavyweight champion posted a video of him moving and training in the ring claiming that his legs have ‘never been better’.
‘The Haymaker’ still has plans to fight this December and he even has bigger plans to 2018.
A fight against Anthony Joshua.
The legs are working like never before, eating, sleeping & training consistently since my Achilles op (March 5) has been key to my recovery. pic.twitter.com/G8t60UT0FF
— David Haye (@davidhaye) August 30, 2017
“I will hold the next fight in December. We will announce everything in the next two weeks, and the fight itself will be held in England,” said Haye according to boxingscene.com
He continued and called out Joshua.
“Of course, I want a fight against Joshua in 2018,” he said.
After his loss to Tony Bellew back in March, Haye has been mostly linked to a rematch with the Liverpudlian, but other plans have other also come about since. A possible world title fight.
Haye’s manager and Peter Fury we’re reportedly having some talks around later July or early August about a possible heavyweight title fight should Hughie Fury grab the WBO title from Joseph Parker on September 23rd.
Though according to promoter Eddie Hearn, there is still hope for Bellew-Haye II.
The two parties have not been able to negotiate terms for the rematch since the fighters simply do not get along. But the promoter has said that both Bellew and Haye still want the fight and it’s also what the public wants.
While there might be other names floating around, Fury and Bellew remain Haye’s most likely options. Meanwhile, the fight against Joshua seems like a long shot at this point