After a 2021 which saw Daniel Dubois re-establish himself as a heavyweight contender the 24-year-old is now aiming for titles in 2022.

Two wins in two fights under new trainer Shane McGuigan brought confidence back to the Londoner having signed off 2020 with his first career loss to Joe Joyce.

Things are now looking up for Dubois (17-1, 16 KOs) who is now the number one contender with the WBA and the knockout specialist has his eyes set on facing American Trevor Bryan (21-0, 15 KOs) who holds the organisation’s secondary heavyweight title.

“That [the Bryan match] is a fight that is going to happen,” Dubois told Queensbury Promotions’ Dev Sahni. “It is a fight I want and a title I want. Things are ticking over at the moment, and it will hopefully go that way.

“I definitely fancy it. Since last year when it was mentioned to me, I wanted it straight away. It has got to happen this year and I am more than ready, whether it is in England or the US, I want to get my hands on that title and bring it home.”

Dubois gave a thumbs down in his assessment of the unbeaten Bryan who is scheduled to have a voluntary defence of his belt on January 29.

“I’ve checked him out, of course, and he is not that impressive to watch. I just see somebody standing in my way if we get it on. Fingers crossed, we will. 

“I only see myself beating him and it is what I am trained to do. I can definitely knock him out and everyone knows I only fight one way.”

Promoter Frank Warren recently told Boxing Social that Dubois will return on March 19 and hopes to have Bryan in the opposite corner on the night. To read more of Warren’s plans for 2022 click here