Boxing Social understands that the purse bids for the WBC heavyweight title fight between Tyson Fury and Dillian Whyte will be delayed once again.
Originally the bids were scheduled for January 11 but had been put back a week until today or tomorrow (January 18) but it now seems as though they will be postponed once again until Friday, January 21.
The WBC ordered an 80-20 split in favour of Fury, the champion, which has annoyed Whyte and his promoter Eddie Hearn. Whyte, the Interim champion, is currently involved in a legal dispute with the governing body to make matters and relationships even more difficult.
Fury’s co-promoter Frank Warren told Boxing Social recently that March 26 was the date pencilled in for the ‘Gypsy King’ to make his anticipated return after putting an exclamation mark on his trilogy with Deontay Wilder.
Bob Arum, who also co-promotes Fury, told Sky Sports last week, “Whyte should sit down with myself and Frank Warren and work out a deal for a guarantee, and we’ll get this show on the road. Come to the table and let’s see if we can carve out a deal.”
Come Friday fans will hope that a deal can be struck to get this saga over the line so that one of the biggest fights of the year can be announced.