Jake Paul is adamant that he and Tommy Fury will run it back in the future after their fight earlier this year.
The two young stars met in the Middle East in February to settle a beef that had been brewing for years amidst two failed attempts to fight.
At a 185lb catchweight, Fury schooled Paul with better fundamentals and won, despite suffering a final round knockdown, on two of the judges’ scorecards.
Given the hype surrounding it, it was expected a second fight might take place in the summer. Paul – whose entry into the sport has split fans down the middle – has since announced a fight with UFC star, Nate Diaz.
As with his previous MMA opponents Ben Askren and Tyron Woodley, Paul has a size advantage going into the fight.
Despite these plans, he told Sky Sports that the rematch with Fury would happen in the future, and that both were onboard.
“It’s going to happen, it’s going to happen for sure. I think it was a great fight, it was entertaining, it was the biggest pay-per-view buys in boxing for the last two years so I think we have to run it back.”
“Tommy is down and I’m excited for that.”
The Saudi showdown was indeed a promotional success, especially given the fact that the main event was a relatively low-level eight-round fight. At the time, Paul said that the event sold north of half a million pay-per-view buys.
It has left Fury with options on the crossover scene, with potential money-spinning fights against the likes of KSI an option. The 24-year-old is adamant that he wants a traditional boxing career and to win world titles, but there seems to be no moves to make that happen just yet.
Paul will face Diaz in Dallas on August 5 on DAZN PPV.