News

Jono Carroll Returns On Lopez-Kambosos PPV

Jono Caroll has an opportunity to get his career back on track on June 19.

The former world title challenger will face 29-year-old American Andy Vences for the vacant WBC International belt at 130lbs. The bout will feature on Triller’s pay-per-view offering from LoanDepot Park in Miami which will be headlined by Teofimo Lopez defending his three world lightweight titles against IBF mandatory challenger George Kambosos Jr.

Carroll picked up the 19th win of his career in a rust shaker against Romic Airapetean in Spain over six weeks ago. The Moldovan retired halfway through the eight-round contest which got the 29-year-old Irishman back to winning ways. The victory came seven months after something of a surprising loss to Maxi Hughes. Many had tipped Carroll to maintain the form showed in his win over the now retired Scott Quigg five months earlier.

“Huge thanks to Triller for having me on this amazing card on the 19th of June and of course MTK Global for all the hard work they have done in the background getting me on these amazing shows,” said Carroll.

Vences says he is fighting for his life, his family and his future and can give a pick-me-up to his own career after a surprise loss to Luis Alberto Lopez last year. Prior to that Vences had hoped to face long-time rival and WBO super featherweight champion Jamel Herring.

“My job recently terminated me after 5 years working for them,” said Vences. “One door closes and another one opens. Locked and loaded and ready to set the stage with pure entertainment as I always do. Jono Carroll and me both have signed contracts and it’s official!”