Top Rank has announced its latest raft of shows featuring boxing’s first world title fight since the Covid-19 Pandemic stopped the sport in its tracks.

WBA Regular super-flyweight champion Andrew Moloney will make the first title defence of his crown against the unbeaten Joshua Franco at the MGM Grand Conference Center – Grand Ballroom on June 23. Moloney-Franco will be the first men’s world title fight to take place since February 29.

Two days later, twin brother and WBO No.2 bantamweight contender Jason Moloney meets Leonardo Baez in a non-title 10-rounder at the MGM Grand. 

The week concludes with WBC super-featherweight champion Miguel Berchelt returning on June 27 against Eleazar Valenzuela in another 10-round affair.

“It’s a dream come true for me to be headlining at the MGM Grand for my first world title defence,” said Andrew Moloney (21-0, 14 KOs) on announcement of the show. “Thank you to Top Rank and my team for giving me this amazing opportunity. Franco is a great fighter, but I believe I am faster, more powerful, and too hungry to let anyone take this belt away from me.”

Franco (16-1-2, 8 KOs) added: “I have been waiting all my life to fight for a world title. I know that all my hard work will pay off when I step into the ring and become a world champion. These are tough times for the world, so I’m grateful to have this opportunity when the world has come to a halt. I will do my best to entertain the fans during this time and make my training team, promoter and everyone in San Antonio proud. This June 23, class will be in session, and everyone’s invited to watch on ESPN.”

World championship boxing is back with Moloney-Franco.

Former IBF bantamweight title challenger Jason Moloney (20-1, 17 KOs) then meets Mexican Leonardo Baez (18-2, 9 KOs) at the MGM Grand Conference Center – Grand Ballroom on June 25. 

“My opponent, Leonardo Baez, is a good fighter who comes forward and puts on a lot of pressure,” said Jason Moloney. “I have been working extremely hard to make sure this is the most spectacular performance of my career and to prove that I am ready for another shot at a world title.”

Baez added: “I’m very happy for this opportunity. I had already been training, so that’s why I’m ready to come back. I’m confident in my preparation. I know I will walk away with my hand raised.” 

The week rounds off with the reappearance of ‘The Scorpion’ Miguel Berchelt who meets Eleazar Valenzuela (21-13-4, 16 KOs) over 10-rounds at the TV Azteca Studios in Mexico City on June 27.

WBC super-featherweight Berchelt (37-1, 33 KOs) has scored five consecutive stoppages including a crushing, fourth-round dismissal of former world champion Jason Sosa in his last outing.