Conor Benn has linked with numerous opponents ahead of his anticipated comeback, pending the official outcome of his ongoing anti-doping case.
Now, with Chris Eubank Jr set to rematch Liam Smith in September, a new opponent, who was linked to a bout with Benn before his doping drama, has said that he would be open to taking on the controversial 26-year-old.
It was reported that Benn would learn the decision of the National Anti-Doping Panel last week, and his legal team supposedly engaged in a video call with the panel, but no verdict has been revealed as of yet.
Regardless, Benn continues to be linked to high-profile fighters ahead of a comeback, with Matchroom Promoter, Eddie Hearn, previously announcing that the Brit will likely fight on September 23 if he is cleared of any wrongdoing.
Names suggested have including former undisputed champion Josh Taylor and pound-for-pound legend, Manny Pacquiao.
However, Josh Kelly has now thrown his hat into the ring ahead of what would be a major pay-day, following a victory over Gabriel Corzo.
The pair were linked to a clash a couple of years ago before Kelly moved up to the super-welterweight division, but Benn seems happy to fight at any weight between 147lbs-160lbs, meaning the contest could finally take place.
Kelly told Boxing Social that he would be delighted to make it happen.
“Of course it [Benn fight] can happen. I welcome all of those fighters in that [super-welterweight] pool with open arms, come and talk to Josh Kelly!”
Benn has previously dismissed the idea of facing Kelly, but not that he’s number one with the WBO in the 154lbs ranks he may reconsider.
For now, he and his team will wait for a decision on his case before making the choice of whether he will re-apply for a British Boxing Licence after relinquishing it in the aftermath of his positive drugs test.