Dmitriy Salita, the co-promoter of troubled heavyweight Jarrell Miller, has expressed his dismay at reports that the hulking American has failed yet another drug test.

Having signed a co-promotional deal with Top Rank in January, Miller (23-0-1, 20 KOs) was scheduled to face Jerry Forrest in Las Vegas on July 9, but has been suspended by the Nevada State Athletic Commission, pending a final ruling on confirmation of the drug test results.

Miller’s future in boxing now hangs by a thread.

New Yorker Miller infamously tested positive for three substances a year ago, which cost him a lucrative world title opportunity against Anthony Joshua, and previously in 2014.

“I am disappointed. I was looking forward to July 9 and Jarrell’s return to the ring,” Salita told Sky Sports. “This news is shocking to me as well.

“Hopefully, soon we will find out more facts. As Bob Arum said, we’re all going to be guided by the decision of the Nevada Athletic Commission.”

Former heavyweight title challenger Carlos Takam now seems likely to step in to face Forrest on July 9.