A deal for the Errol Spence Jr-Terence Crawford Undisputed welterweight title fight to go ahead is nearing completion.
Leading boxing journalist Dan Rafael broke the story from his Twitter account earlier today and the news will be music to the ears of many a boxing fan.
The two undefeated prizefighters are the leading lights of the 147lbs division and hold all four titles between them.
Since April when Spence Jr, who holds the WBA, IBF and WBO straps, publicly called Crawford out the clamour for the fight to happen has ramped up with each passing week.
According to Rafael’s sources the all-American blockbuster is scheduled for November.
“Per sources: A deal for #SpenceCrawford is nearing completion and the fight is pencilled in for Nov. 12 or 19, likely in Las Vegas, assuming it’s finalised.”
“PBC (Premier Boxing Champions) are already looking at undercard possibilities with WBA “regular” 147 titlist Eimantas Stanionis likely to appear.”
Per sources: A deal for #SpenceCrawford is nearing completion & the fight is penciled in for Nov. 12 or 19, likely in Las Vegas, assuming it's finalized. PBC is already looking at undercard possibilities with WBA "regular" 147 titlist Eimantas Stanionis likely to appear. #boxing
— Dan Rafael (@DanRafael1) August 9, 2022
With speculation on Spence v Crawford appearing online regularly fans had grown concerned that the 2022 wish-list fight might not go ahead.
However, both men have never said anything to dampen the hopes.
Just last week Crawford told Fight Hub TV that the fight would “definitely” happen.
The WBO champion has yet to fight in 2022 and is now a free agent after parting ways with Top Rank. Spence is promoted by PBC while Showtime are the broadcast partner.
Crawford’s last title defence came last November when he stopped Shawn Porter in the 10th round of their fight. Five months later Spence took Yordenis Ugas’ WBA title and just like ‘Bud’ halted the challenge of his man in the same session.