News

Yarde Could Fight On Fury-Whyte Undercard, Wants Canelo Fight

Anthony Yarde’s next fight could take place on the Tyson Fury-Dillian Whyte undercard next month.

The April 23 event at Wembley Stadium has yet to have any official undercard announcements from Queensberry Promotions. Fury’s brother Tommy is rumoured to have a slot on the show and Yarde, the WBO number one light-heavyweight contender, could join him.

Yarde was at York Hall on Friday night to cheer on gym-mate Frank ‘The Tank’ Arnold and afterwards spoke to BT Sport’s Jo Ankier about his future.

“My fight schedule is to be announced. From what I know so far, they’ll unify, [Artur] Beterbiev and [Joe] Smith [Jr] and then the winner has to fight me. Canelo’s fighting [Dmitry] Bivol. The whole weight division is exciting and that’s what I’m looking forward to. I’m just preparing myself.”

Speaking about the opportunity he has reportedly been given to fight on the Fury-Whyte undercard Yarde said, “I want to fight so when they said to me you can fight on that show I said absolutely. It’s about getting me an opponent. Someone that will actually fight me, again just to prepare me for the next fight.”

Should Yarde take a spot on the undercard then not only will U.K viewers on BT Sport Box Office watch his fight but there will be an American TV audience too.

“I’m a person that’s got massive ambition. Eventually I want to be headlining in Vegas. I want to fight Canelo, I want to fight all the best people in and around my weight division so it’s exciting times,” said Yarde.