WBC lightweight title holder Devin Haney hopes to return to action in Las Vegas on December 3, with Joseph Diaz in the frame as a potential opponent.

‘JoJo’ Diaz was originally scheduled to face Ryan Garcia on November 27 before ‘KingRy’ sustained a hand injury. Now Californian Diaz could face Haney the following week, igniting a rivalry that has already built up on social media.

“I think that JoJo would be my best opponent on paper so far,” Haney (26-0, 15 KOs) told ESPN.com’s Mike Coppinger. “Main thing is making the fight happen. I think he’s a good fighter but I’m on a whole ‘nother level.

“I hope he doesn’t price himself out. The new way of ducking these days is pricing yourself out.”

Diaz had been set to earn $1.5 million for a clash with Garcia and, according to Coppinger, has been offered $1 million to face Haney by the champion’s promoter Eddie Hearn.

Diaz (32-1-1, 15 KOs) told ESPN.com: “I’m willing to fight Devin Haney this year, everything has to make sense and be on an even playing field. I want the fight. I trust in my team, Golden Boy Promotions and MTK.”