Tyson Fury has revealed just how much money was on the line for his potential trilogy against Derek Chisora.
The WBC heavyweight champion, 34, said that he had agreed a deal to face his old pal in a third fight.
Fury, who retired from the sport once more last week and relinquished the Ring Magazine title that will be at stake at the Jeddah Superdome on Saturday as Oleksandr Usyk and Anthony Joshua meet in a money-spinning Saudi Arabia rematch for the WBA Super, IBF and WBO belts, has until August 26 to declare his retirement in writing before the WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman considers the status of the title in the sport’s premier division.
Chisora told Boxing Social recently that the fight with ‘The Gypsy King’ — which he said wasn’t happening because Chisora “moved the goalposts” on the deal — was never contracted and, in reality, never even close to happening.
But Fury opted to put a different spin on things via his Instagram account on Tuesday.
“I see Derek Chisora’s been having a little pop, licking his wounds after losing £2million. God almighty, what a mistake.”
“What a mistake. You’re probably going to get £375 [thousand] for your next fight and your management team turned down £2million.”
Fury, who went on to hit out at Anthony Joshua’s 258 MGT company which looks after ‘Del Boy’, has already beaten Chisora twice, outpointing him in 2011 and then stopping him in 2014.
“God almighty, what jokers. [They are a] pack of jokers, honestly There is more brains in my little finger than the full management team would ever have.”
— TYSON FURY (@Tyson_Fury) August 16, 2022
The 38-year-old Chisora was in action just last month when he beat Kubrat Pulev in a rematch of their 2016 clash.
Chisora moved to 33-12 (23 KOs) with that win at the O2 Arena in London and Fury took it upon himself to target his fellow Brit.
“God almighty. Where’s someone like Derek Chisora going to get offered £2million again?”